Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Time to go away again


Hello everybody.....after reading my friend Rhys blog about his lovely time in Portugal, i feel i must tell you about my forthcoming expedition to North Wales to play Irish music. A slightly ironic feel about the whole thing, but thats for me to know and you to find out, I'm playing in Y Ganolfan, Abergynolwyn, Tafarn y Fic, Llithfaen and Y Ring, Llanfrothen on 24th - 26th Nov. I look forward to the scenery but playing music in North Wales has not left me with many pleasant memories, hopefully things will be different this time. At least i'll definately get to watch the Wales v New Zealand match on telly, and then get pissed. Onward and upward, at least on the map.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You update your blog far too infrequently, my friend... Who do you think you are? Or rather, who don't you think you are?

Did you watch the rugby? Did you weep? Weepy, weepy, weepy. Did you play your gig? Playie, playie, playie.

Did you enjoy North Wales? Enjoyie, enjoyie, enjoyie. Or didn't you?

Huw Rees said...

Rhys my erstwhile nemesis and malign presence, i watched, i wept the floor with the local gogs, Tavern Y Fic, Llithfaen, glad i was drinky drinky drunk and i played. Friday was good, Sat was shite and Sunday was lovely, met a great guy Dewi Prysor author, new book called Brithyll, played guitar and sang his songs. it gave me hope for the gogs!! Passionate about Welsh language and culture but not blinkered to the fact that some welsh people dont speak Welsh. lovely geezer, hope to see you soon manboy. Huwx

Bob Lock said...

Hiyahs Huw/Elrond/Legolas,

Thanks for the visit! I hear that to get even higher on the elven scale you just need a friend to give you a swift kick in the ba...(censored incase Manuela & Morgan read this)

BTW, I too wept when the Black Cloud obscured The Red Dragon... oh the despair...